Monday, July 19, 2010

The Usual

Something awkward happened.  I went in to pick up our order from our favorite pizza shop and the dude behind the counter remembered me.  "Two Sundbyberg Specials?"  Uh, yeah, that's us.  This isn't the first time this has happened to me.  The summer of 2000 my sister and I went to McDonald's every day after work and ordered two vanilla cones at the drive-through.  It sounds bad, I know, but I lost 10 pounds that summer so withhold your judgement.  So one day, after a couple weeks of this routine, we came to the window after placing our order and the girl handed us two vanilla cones that had a suspect, crispy frozen coating on the outside LIKE THEY HAD BEEN PREPARED AHEAD OF TIME and then placed in a freezer to wait for us to come by.  It's too bad when this happens because I'm sure that the staff is just trying to make you feel welcome but all it make me feel is that I can never go back again.  Perhaps I would feel differently if I was a regular at, I don't know, the vegetable store or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment