Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Best Phase Yet

I have had a very complicated relationship with food these past few months.  Things that I used to love, like garlic, make me quiver at the very thought.  Indeed, it was hard for me to write that word.  Sometimes I'll be in the middle of eating something, literally moving a forkful of food toward my mouth, and realize that I hate it and couldn't possibly taste another bite.  It's also been difficult to know what I'll be able to stomach beforehand, which makes meal planning virtually impossible.  So when I find something I can stand I go with it full-force.  This has made for week-long, three-meal-a-day baked potato, clementine and chicken noodle soup menus, among others.  The Swede has been forced to fend for himself more often that I'd care to admit.  Things are much better in the tummy region lately, but nevertheless today, sometime during a slow afternoon at work, I decided that this evening would start a cake phase.  The Valentine's Funfetti cake my mom sent, specifically.  No, I can't wait the five days until Valentine's Day.  And frankly, I doubt any will still be around for the holiday.

1 comment: