Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Last Days

Tomorrow we're heading home and we've spent our last couple of days squeezing a couple of hours out of some friends and family. Like Lauren, for example, who you haven't seen on the blog before because I haven't seen her since right before I moved to Sweden four years ago. Crazy. We were friends and choir dorks together at Marietta College and saw each other every now and then in the years after college before I moved. Here she is, seven months pregnant and cute as a button!
And here is her husband Josh, who has been with Lauren longer than I've known her, and who is equally awesome. I'm so excited for their baby, who has pretty much the most hilarious parents ever.
After our morning with Lauren and Josh, we met my cousin Austin and his girlfriend Lisa for lunch at Chipotle and forgot to get a picture, which is unfortunate for you because they are a ridiculously attractive couple. Aside from them and Austin's parents and my grandparents, I hadn't seen any of my extended family during this visit. My grandma and grandpa were kind enough to rectify that tonight, though, by inviting my uncles and aunts and cousins to their place for dinner. Not everyone could make it, but I did get a nice, thoroughly-missed taste of the Maruna family volume as everyone shouted to be heard over one another. Hopefully it was enough to wear Jamie out for our long day of flying tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment