Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Day With Jamie

 
I hope you're ready for Jambo overload because today I plan to gush over him even more than usual. The Swede was busy with fishing club duties so the boy and I spent all day together doing normal things that were made a thousand times more fun by his enthusiasm, humor and curiosity. First, he had a haircut right when the mall opened and after a few tears he settled in with his paci and lollipop and just let it happen, which is great because he was starting to look like a bit of a troll.
Afterwards, we cruised around the mall a bit, trying on hats and playing hide and seek at H&M, riding the escalators and doing an extremely thorough appraisal of every toy at the toy store. When we sat down and ate a burger at Burger King he wore a paper crown and said, in the middle of the meal, "Thanks, Mama!" without being prompted. I doubt I'll ever forget how great that moment felt.
There was a bit more playing at the mall before we headed home for Jamie's three-hour nap during which I read a good book. See what I'm saying? He's the best!
Later, we drove The Swede over to his friend's dudes-only housewarming party and Jambo and I decided to stay in the neighborhood and play at this awesome playground we found since it was still warm and light. I thought I'd have a tough time getting him into the car to head back home, but he just said good-bye to all the giant wooden ants that he'd been balancing on and raced me to the car. 
We got home too late to make a real dinner so we split a quarter of a watermelon and snuggled on the couch in front of Scooby Doo until he told me he was tired and wanted to go to sleep. I love this age and the fact that he has the language now to hold a conversation. I asked him, when we were laying in bed before he fell asleep, what was his favorite part of the day and he said, "The ants."

1 comment:

  1. So sweet Mara! He's getting so big :) You're such a good mama.

    ReplyDelete