Saturday, November 22, 2014

No Steel Here

Well I just got done bawling my dang eyes out. See, Sarianne booked a hotel room here in Stockholm because she had a blog event to go to tonight. She invited me to come stay with her, hang out in the city this afternoon and do some shopping tomorrow morning, and get some rare alone time while she was at her event. It was a glamorous plan and I made it even more glamorous by deciding to spend most of the evening in the hotel room by myself with Netflix and dumplings to-go. I did a thorough investigation of the movie selection and ultimately picked Steel Magnolias, an obvious choice because I've never seen it despite its status as a well-loved classic and because I'm never going to get The Swede to watch it with me so I need to take advantage of the alone time. Also, I thought it would be pretty safe because I already knew how it ends and believed that knowing would keep me from getting too sad. But I was wrong, clearly. I still feel pretty good about my choice, though, if for no other reason than The Swede would have cried ten times more than I did if I had ever been able to convince him to watch it. I'm happy to have spared him that.

No comments:

Post a Comment