Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter Weekend 2015

As last year, The Swede and Jamie headed down to Molsta on the Thursday before Easter while I stayed home so that I could sing at the Good Friday service the next morning and then join them at the cabin later that day. And, as usual, there were more choir members than congregants, but that never bothers me as I'm happy to sing in our gorgeous local church whenever I get the chance. I can't get enough of that place.
The Segerstens arrived at the cabin a few hours after I did on Friday afternoon and the typical liveliness ensued immediately. There were bubbles outside...
 ...and board games inside...
...and lots of togetherness. We ate plenty of meatballs and eggs and, despite Sarianne's newspaper article, a ridiculous amount of candy. I also made some headway on a thick, wonderful book since the cousins were entertaining each other for the most part. We talked about upcoming plans for spring and summer, relaxed, and enjoyed each others' company and especially the fact that we were all in the midst of a glorious four-day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment