Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Contest Time, Baby!!!

So, yeah, I had a year to prepare for this and formulated grand plans months ago and then life suddenly got very busy and September 7th just showed up and I didn't even have time to watch the latest Mad Men let alone come up with creative and exciting contests.  So instead we're going to do this: 

The Random Drawing Comments Contest
Anyone who writes their email address in the comments section of this post through Tuesday, September 14th will be entered in a drawing that will take place on Wednesday the 15th.  The winner of the drawing, which will be officiated by The Trustworthy and Reliable Swede, will receive an email request from me for their mailing address and will be sent a sweet prize via FedEx or UPS or whatever crazy Swedish shipping company they have here.  I'll send it anywhere in the world and I'll even try to make sure it's something that customs isn't going to ransack or seize.

The Subjective Blog Post Contest
Anyone who has the inclination to write a Daily Damara-style blog post with a photo and text describing something special - funny, interesting, unique, whatever - about wherever YOU live, please email it to me at bird11582@yahoo.com with the subject "Blog Contest" by the end of September.  Please specify whether or not you would like your post to be published here in October and how you would like your by-line to read.  All the posts I get will be judged by my wild and arbitrary standards and the winning writer will receive and even sweeter prize on their doorstep.  C'mon, do it!  It'll be fun!

4 comments:

  1. Let me be the first! But do I have to leave my email address??!!? That's so PUBLIC!!! Let me know! I love reading about your life in Sweden Mara and miss you at Christ Church! I'll be writing my own blog soon so wish me luck! Love from Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mara, I clearly see you want to know who reads your blog. But! I can't resist the possibility of getting something awesome from Sweden, so sam@samanthaarmacost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie's right, y'all. If I can get in touch with you some other way (Facebook, etc.) you needn't leave your email address. Thanks, Leslie!

    Sam's right too. It's all about the ego, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I commented on here already how I meant to enter and completely forgot! Never fear though, I do follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete