Thursday, May 26, 2011

Week Thirty-Four


How cute is pregnant Linda???
 It's crazy that I haven't mentioned it until now (except for this little hint back in January) because it's been such an important part of my pregnancy experience, but Linda is also having a baby!  She found out that she and her husband were expecting just about exactly four weeks before The Swede and I found out that we were and now she's super close to meeting her little one.  She has just two weeks to go and with that in mind, she's taking some time off to relax and get ready to be a mama of two so today was her last day at work.  Linda's already having been through this before has been HUGE for me.  I've had about half a dozen friends in the States become first-time moms within the past few months, so I've been able to do my share of relating and commiserating with them, but having Linda at the next desk over and going through the same thing, yet with experience and understanding that I and my other friends lack, has meant so much to me.  I'm really going to miss seeing her every day at the office these last six weeks, but it's very cool to know that the next time we meet she'll have a new baby with her, a baby that I've been eager to meet for a very long time.
I hadn't given it much thought before I saw this picture, but considering that Linda's legs are about twice as long as mine, I must be carrying pretty high indeed. 
My aching ribs can also vouch for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment