Sunday, February 26, 2012

Purée Day

Jamie's having food issues.  I could really get going and write an obnoxious amount of information on the subject, but I'll try to keep it simple.  Maybe that'll buy me some points with you guys that I can spend on baby poop talk later.  So, yeah, long story short, Jamie used to love food and now he doesn't want anything to do with it.  Apparently he's just thirsty.  I've tried feeding him at different times and in different ways with different foods and he never takes more than a few bites.  So I'm going to try to go back to basics and start from the beginning with homemade purées.  I spent a couple of hours today preparing and freezing potatoes, lentils and carrots to start with in the hope that he will prefer simpler foods to the more exciting (and tastier, in my opinion) baby food from the grocery store.  And then, after slaving away in the kitchen for my unappreciative little sugar booger, I nuked an Ikea frozen pizza for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment