Friday, February 17, 2012

This One's A Bit Of A Downer

Have I mentioned that I'm in the process of getting my Swedish drivers license?  It's slow going, but I have a hard goal date on which I WILL have the thing in hand, so that's keeping me motivated as I shell out hundreds of dollars and check tasks off of an intimidating list, each of which I dread more than the last.  It will all be worth it, though, as when I am licensed I will have joined an elite group of a few million of the safest drivers on the planet.  Case in point, this poster in my driving risk education classroom that states that "There are two funerals every week, year round, because of drunk drivers."  Obviously that's two funerals per week too many, but we're talking about a country with the population of North Carolina - just one state out of fifty - which has an average of almost ten alcohol-related traffic deaths per week.  So, yeah, a few hours in D.A.R.E. for drivers may not be my favorite way to spend an evening, but it sure seems worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment