Friday, June 1, 2012

Grown Up Already

Something pretty darned exciting happened to me today.  I got to have breakfast with Meryl, an old choir buddy from Marietta College.  When we hugged each other upon my arrival at the café, we exclaimed, naturally, that it had been SO LONG and then calculated that we hadn't seen one another in seven whole years.  That's seven years since I graduated college.  Seven years that I've been a real adult.  I guess I'd better start acting more mature.  Actually skip the "more" and let's just start with "mature," period.  Baby steps.  At any rate, Meryl, who is in Sweden on vacation with her folks and sister, is as darling as ever and her parents were awesome so we had a great time catching up.  I didn't want it to end, honestly, but I let them get to their sight-seeing because as thrilling as it surely was to see me, I am not the main event.  

No comments:

Post a Comment