Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Long Time Coming

Two and a half years ago, at the first birthday party of Petra and Thomas's son Dylan, was the most recent time we'd seen Thomas's big brother Christer's family.  Imagine!  They were the very first friends of The Swede's I ever met, having been invited to spend New Year's Eve 2008 with them when I visited Sweden for the first time.  When I moved here I figured we'd hang out all the time and then, well, I guess life just happened and fast forward three years and we finally had them over for dinner.  They were as fun as ever, Johanna as sweet and endearing as I remember, and their daughters, Hannah and Frida, were much bigger and some of the best-behaved kids I've met.  Since they won't be around for Jamie's birthday they brought him a present, an AWESOME tent!  I was totally pumped about it (I made The Swede get in there with me the second they left) and I feel fairly certain that Jamie will be too once he's well-rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment