Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Peebs

This morning I brought a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to work with me as my breakfast. I sat down in the kitchen with several of my colleagues and explained, when they asked, what I was eating. Now, I won't say they were disgusted, but they certainly didn't see the appeal and all agreed that peanut butter and jelly were an odd combination. This, of course, from members of a race who don't eat peanut butter and therefor don't understand its versatility. Too bad for them. At any rate, I decided to take it upon myself to open their eyes and went out at lunch to get the supplies for an afternoon PB&J fika. At ten to three I headed to the kitchen to make a bunch of sammies then cut them diagonally into triangles and arranged them cutely on a plate to make them even more appealing than only I already knew them to be. My colleagues were pleasantly surprised, I think, and several commented that they weren't nearly as sweet as they expected. I don't think I recruited any lifelong fans or anything and I'm pretty sure my boss was just being nice when he said he was going to make them at home, but hey, if I tried surströmming it's only fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment