Friday, March 22, 2013

You Should See The Other Bed

I've been waiting for this day for a while now. The time capsule project was coming to a close and I was going to ride up to the copper mine with a couple of colleagues to watch it being set into the ground, to be displayed there for eternity. My alarm went off at 5:15 and I hopped out of bed, excited for the day ahead. Then I reached down to pull my cell phone charger from the wall and slammed my forehead into the head of our bed with all my might. The reverberation shook The Swede awake. "Oh no, is it bleeding?" he asked. "No, I don't think so," I answered. Then drip, drip, dripdripdripdripdrip onto the floor and the bed and my phone and the towel The Swede brought to rescue me with. The bleeding stopped quickly and revealed a pretty major gash right above my eyebrow, which The Swede insisted required medical attention. I would not be going to the copper mine. Two stitches and several hours in the ER later, I was good as new but with a heap of new street cred. In Damara vs. Nordli, the bed may have won, but who came out looking like a bigger badass? Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment