Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Thursday In England

I read a lot of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle when I was twelve and I was quite sure I was in love with Sherlock Holmes. He was the second love of my life, after Kermit the Frog, so being on Baker Street was a bit of an experience for me. 
First on the agenda after arriving in England and spending the night in Annemor's adorable, old brick house was a shopping trip in the big city. The Swede has been to London enough times to be a master of the underground, but our stop was closed and we ended up far from Oxford Street, our shopping destination. When we finally got there our first shop was Mothercare where we bought a cheap stroller for Jambo since our shoulders and arms were falling off from carrying him. After that, everything got much more fun.
I browsed Superdrug, a drugstore makeup paradise, and Zac, another of my great loves, was there. Please forgive this terrible picture of me, but it is one of his best and you needed to see it. 
We and the Segerstens shopped the heck out of London, stopping only for a pub lunch that was just precisely as disgusting as it looks. English food is not my cup of tea, as they say. The shopping is, however, and I'm pleased to say that I left with a few cosmetic items that would have cost much, much more in Sweden so it was a big success in my book. And with that to-do scratched off, we were able to relax and enjoy the rest of the trip out in the country. More to come tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment