Monday, December 29, 2014

The Lunch Break Of All Lunch Breaks

Dudes, today I had the lunch break of my life! The office is practically deserted and my favorite lunch buddies are still on vacation so I knew I'd be lunching alone but hadn't decided what I'd do with my hour off until a text message came from the beauty chain from which I'd just happened to get a gift card for Christmas. "20% off EVERYTHING!" the text read. That settled it. So off I went, driving through a winter wonderland (please reference the Instagram picture at right) that reminded me of the morning I landed in Sweden for the first time almost exactly six years ago and that gave me loads of warm fuzzies. Then, get this: tons of cosmetics were already marked way down so I ended up with three high-end items that would have totaled about a hundred bucks that with the gift card cost me FOUR DOLLARS. Euphoria! Then... THEN!!!... I remembered that a Dunkin Donuts had just opened in that mall! Guys, I mean, I was outta my mind with glee. The poor kid behind the counter must have thought I was high as I kite; I couldn't stop smiling. And of course I got the Swedish flag donut because I am just the kind of... hmm, shall we say effervescent? Yes, just the kind of effervescent girl they invented Swedish flag donuts for. And I think we can all agree that a solo lunch break doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment