Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Beginning Of The End Of Summer

The Swede was at the national championship for summer fishing then went back to work today, so Jambo and I are on our own for our last week of summer vacation. Jamie would be happy to stare at the iPad all day long, but that's obviously less than ideal, so I booked activities to get us out of the house each day. Last Friday, for example, we went to the mall and ate sushi, saw the new Ice Age movie and splashed in the fountains in the town square.
On Saturday, we met up with Erin and the boys at an indoor play land and they went buck wild in there for four hours. Afterward, we went shopping with Svante to get groceries for a delicious dinner that Erin fixed for us at their gorgeous NEW HOUSE! I'd been dying to see it and it was just beyond. Just… beyond. And, best of all, ridiculously close to us!
On the way home from Erin's, Jamie and I were looking at clouds and he asked me if we could stop the car and just lay on the ground and watch them, so we did, of course.
We spent Sunday in the medieval town of Sigtuna, where we ate ice cream, played with ducks, explored the ancient neighborhood, and admired the thousand-year-old ruins of a church. Basically my dream day.
Monday was a bit of a miscalculation on my part. I booked tickets on boat tour through Stockholm's islands that lasted more than two hours. Jamie wasn't wild about it. I was. I was not able to enjoy it to the fullest due to Jamie's… shall we say, lack of enthusiasm. We both loved being in the city, though, and I appreciated seeing so much of it that I never had before, from the water.

Today we took it easy all morning, then packed a picnic and rode our bikes to the nearby beach. It was nearly deserted and we had a super cozy time eating our little lunch and playing in the park and Jamie swam a bit. The Swede picked us up when he got off work and we went out to dinner. We have more fun planned for the rest of the week so I'll be off the blog for a few days, but I'll update you as soon as I can, dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment