Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A Little End-of-November Update

Oh boy, you guys, I am really sorry. The blogging is bad, but life is good. Jamie is in a particularly harmonious period and it's a treat to be around him. He's smart and funny and The Swede and I find ourselves shaking our heads over how wonderful he is and how proud and lucky we are that he's ours. Speaking of The Swede, my heart still skips a beat when I see him. He still surprises me with brilliant and hilarious comments; it's no wonder his son is becoming such a clever, entertaining person. Our home is all decorated for Christmas already, so even though it's dark by three in the afternoon, paper star lanterns and candles and strings of lights are illuminating our little house. There's a dusting of snow on the ground and the ice will be forming on the lakes soon, so it's the most hopeful time of year for my husband. We had a beautiful First Advent service at church on Sunday, complete with a children's choir and singers from several other choirs in our community, including yours truly. The Swede and Jamie came and listened and I'm hoping it was a first step toward getting Jamie to sing in the children's choir when he gets older. Oh, and Jamie has enthusiastically watched The Grinch, Frosty the Snowman, and Berenstain Bears Christmas  with me! Next up: Charlie Brown, Sesame Street, GarfieldClaymation, Muppets, and best (yet hardest to sell) of all, Emmet Otter. Indeed, it is a hopeful time of your for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment