Saturday, January 23, 2010

Beside Ourselves


Today was a very big day for The Swede and me.  We got a new car!  It's a silver 2000 Audi A3, with two doors and a hatchback, plenty of room for all of our Ikea purchases and fully loaded with FREEDOM.  The Swede looks kinda serious in this photo, but there's a party going on inside, I promise you.  For our first trip, we drove out to the great Lake Mälaren where The Swede's folks were participating in an ice fishing competition.  We did a little showing off of the new ride, but not before I went out on a frozen body of water for the first time in my life.  I'm not going to lie; I was scared.  Scared, that is, until The Swede drilled a hole in the ice and then I tested the thickness and determined that a foot or so was enough to support the two of us.  And, indeed, all of the fishermen who had been out there all morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment