Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just The Basics of Everyday Life


Yes, I feel like an ace creep taking clandestine photos during my language class, but actually asking my classmates for permission and explaining my intentions is inconceivable in this multilingual environment.  Please excuse my sketchy behavior.  Moving on.  A cool thing about Swedish For Immigrants is that the course aims to integrate us into our new community by instilling us with information about Swedish culture and society while teaching the language.  Here we are learning about estate laws via whiteboard illustrations and a story in our textbook about how a dying father planned to allot his property.  There were lots of new words, as I'm sure you can imagine.  Words I hope I won't have to use for many, many, many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment