Friday, March 18, 2011

Week Twenty-Four

It's week twenty-four and I'm in love.  The baby is moving around a lot these days and as strange as it sometimes feels, it's like a little greeting from within and it makes my heart burst every time.  Like the other day at our big business meeting in Switzerland I wanted to ask a question during a presentation and I got really nervous that I would sound stupid or trip over my words.  My heart was pounding so hard as I got ready to speak up until the baby patted me softly three times as if to say, "Calm down, Mom.  It's gonna be a-okay."  And it worked.  Settled me right down.  Then, last night as I lay down for bed, the baby stuck out its little leg and just held it out.  I flipped on the light to look at my belly and there was totally a lump on one side where its foot was and I cracked up.  Baby Swede wanted to get in one more chuckle before bed.  What a ham, this kid.  I think it's going to fit in just fine.   

No comments:

Post a Comment