Friday, March 4, 2011

Week Twenty-Two

If you've ever been pregnant during the internet age, you're probably aware that there are any number of pregnancy websites that will describe, week-by-week, how your baby is developing.  Beyond details about organ development and how it's looking (ours has eyebrows now!), the sites often compare its size to that of supermarket produce.  So this week, at about 10 inches and 1 pound, Baby Swede is the size of a spaghetti squash.  Now, I enjoy a good gourd as much as the next guy, but I don't know a spaghetti squash from a hole in the ground.  What I DO know is burritos.  I didn't get out a scale or a ruler or anything, but I imagine 10 inches and 1 pound are the approximate specifications of tonight's Serrano burrito dinner.  Which means I fit TWO items of those dimensions in my gut this evening and I probably deserve a pat on the back.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, you do, Mara! That's about twice as much as I can fathom fitting in mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete