Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Very Cabin Thanksgiving

It was back out to the cabin this weekend, this time with an extra special element for me: Thanksgiving dinner.  I don't cook for others often, especially folks who are used to Mama Swede's awesome cooking, so I was rather nervous.  I was representing American food in general here, after all, for six people who haven't been to the States yet, so the pressure was on.  I made sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing and opened a can of cranberry sauce, plus pumpkin pie for dessert and Mama Swede made the turkey and gravy.  Everything turned out great and everybody said that they enjoyed the meal, though they were a little out of it thanks to a major dose of tryptophan.  Nerves aside, it was a lot of fun for me and sweet of everyone to indulge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment