Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wonderland

There is a magical place in our community called open preschool where parents can bring their babies and kids to play and learn.  It's essentially a fully-outfitted preschool, stocked with all the toys and arts and crafts materials you can imagine.  They have a kitchen and dining room that can be used freely, special areas for playing along with quieter rooms... everything.  On top of which, they offer classes on things like baby massage, cooking nutritious food for your children, and language development, which I signed up for today.  I had been there last Friday for the daycares' portrait day and gotten a little taste of what they have to offer, but today I got the full experience, including a tour.  Linda invited me to meet her there this morning and we sat in a circle with a dozen other moms and babies and sang songs and made a toy out of an empty soda bottle, glitter and beads.  It was an awesome place to meet up and it's only going to get better the more the babies are able to move around and play, so I have a feeling I'll be spending much more time there in the next several months.

No comments:

Post a Comment