Monday, October 29, 2012

The Molsta Group

Everyone in the family here has WhatsApp, an instant messaging application, on their iPhones. A while back we started a group so that we could all communicate with everyone at the same time and in the same place about anything relavent to the family, particularly vis-รก-vis the summer cabin. Ever since then my phone has been plinging off the hook. A sample conversation:
Elin: I lost a tooth.
Sarianne: Whoa.
Elin: Yeah.
Mama Swede: Whoa.
Elin: Yeah.
Papa Swede: Whoa.
Elin: Yeah.
Magnus: Whoa.
Elin: Yeah.
The Swede: Whoa.
Elin: Yeah.
That's eleven plings in case you lost count. A few weeks ago, Sarianne taught me how to prevent notifications from the group for a set amount of time so that I could maintain my sanity. Just in time, too, because apparently Julia has discovered the group. Those sixty-five notifications above are every letter in the alphabet plus every emoticon available in its own separate message. Remind me why I got an iPhone again?

No comments:

Post a Comment