Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Love Party

I don't think I mentioned anything about this before the fact, but last Wednesday I flew to Cleveland so that I could marry my friend Cary and her fiancé on Friday afternoon. Cary had asked me to the do honor of officiating their wedding a few months ago so I got online, found The Universal Life Church and a couple of clicks and a few bucks later I was an ordained minister who can now legal marry couples in the state of Ohio.  
Those dang Germans beat me.
Minus the fact that Cary is one of my very best friends ever and anything that happened that day would have been special to me, it was such a sweet wedding. Cary and her mom and sister had fixed all kinds of beautiful details all around the lakeside mansion where the ceremony and reception took place; everywhere you looked there were personalized, romantic decorations. The food and drinks were awesome, they had a frozen custard truck drive up instead of a cake (which we all loved), and I got to dance with lots of lovely folks I haven't seen in a long time. It was all totally worth two days of travel to pop in to Cleveland for this fantastic day in the lives of some of my favorite people. 

2 comments: