Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Mega Circus Slide

Mama Swede gave us three tickets to the circus last week and, even though he's been a bit sick the past few days, we took Jamie this afternoon. He loved actually being there and hasn't stopped talking about it since, but was a bit too drained to really get into the jugglers and clowns and whatnot. Everything changed, however, when we were leaving the tent and he decided he wanted to take a ride on this slide. We paid and sent him on his way up and then I watch a child land splat on her face on that first bump because the top half was only slightly less than ninety degrees. So I followed Jamie up to give him some support, but it was totally me who needed it because I felt like Annie on the railroad bridge going up that ladder. I then screamed "I can't do it!" to my husband and a crowd of onlookers below while Jamie dragged me down the slide. Then he insisted we do it again. Telling myself that they wouldn't have the slide if anyone had ever died on it helped a lithe, but how nice to be a toddler and not have those thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment