Saturday, August 16, 2014

Not Antiquing

Almost exactly four years ago, The Swede and I took a day trip to Norrtälje, about an hour north of Stockholm, where we discovered an awesome antique shop that we promised ourselves we would go back to just as soon as we needed a piece of furniture. Fast forward to today. We moved three years ago and have since replaced precisely EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF FURNITURE we owned at that time with the exception of our sofa. (Side note: when I moved to this country The Swede told me, and I'm quoting here, "that sofa is worth more than your life". To this day I hope something got lost in translation.) Do you want to guess how many of the new items we bought from that awesome antique shop? Did you guess zero? That's correct. Now, though, I'm craving a better solution to the mess that is our hallway, especially since cold weather is coming and that area becomes a real disaster when you add outerwear to the mix. So Jambo and I drove up to Norrtälje today and they turned the location into a dang paintball arena. The good news is, Norrtälje is charming as can be and we enjoyed our afternoon there anyhow. And I guess I'll just have to head to Ikea about that hall situation per my usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment