Friday, August 15, 2014

Småland

It took three years, but Jamie is finally old enough to drop off at the playland at Ikea so I can shop in peace for an entire hour. And listen, if it sounds like I'm being a jerk you should know that he's been begging to go in there every time we've gone to Ikea for the past year and was thrilled the first time he was allowed to slip on that yellow vest. This is very much a win-win. The first time I left him I stuck around for a few minutes to make sure he would be okay in there but he never even looked back and made, like, a thousand friends during that hour. Security is super tight and they have your cell number in case your kid starts freaking out or gets hurt so you can literally go test out the new Nornäs for sixty minutes if you want. I suspect we will spend many an afternoon here as the weather gets cooler and they only downside is the potential damage to my pocketbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment