Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Movies

After work on Monday, Jambo and I decided to give going to the movies another shot. I can't remember if I wrote about it here, but the last time, Jamie got super freaked out just sitting in the theater waiting for the movie to start and we left before anything even appeared on the screen. We were the only people there, though, so I reasoned it would be less weird with more audience this time since all of the schools were still closed. I sent a text to Axel's mom asking if they wanted to join us and she wrote back that they were already at the theater! Perfect! We joined them for a matinee showing of Penguins of Madagascar, which was super funny in Swedish so must be knee-slapping hilarious in English. Jamie was glued to the front of his seat for the entire movie; I don't think I've ever seen him so focused on anything before. Afterwards, the boys were zipping around the lobby (ostensibly running off the energy they had saved up during the previous hour and a half) pretending to be penguins and wolves and octopi. Now that we crossed that threshold and had a successful movie-going experience I'm definitely taking Jamie back sometime soon 'cause honestly, I don't know who had more fun, he or I.

No comments:

Post a Comment