Monday, November 30, 2009

Everything I Expected and More


You're not going to believe this, but as many times as I've been to Ikea after touching down at Arlanda in July, I have never eaten there.  Ikea has a couple of dining options.  First, at about the halfway point on your journey through paradise, you'll find a cafeteria which presents bounteous and characteristically aesthetic entree, side, dessert and drink options.  Second, at the very end of your pilgrimage, past the checkout, you will find a snack bar with pizza, hot dogs, ice cream and the like.  It's all inexpensive and it's all been so alluring these past few months.  So when I spent the day with Petra, who happens to live right next to Ikea, there was only one dinner option in my mind.  And it was every bit as delightful as I had built up in my mind.  Plus, they had live performances!  Kids from music school sang Death Cab for Cutie and other selections that implored their audience to take their art seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment