Friday, November 6, 2009

Partying Söderköping Style


The Swede and I rode down to Söderköping this evening, kid-style in the back seat of his folks' Volvo, to spend the weekend with Sarianne's family.  We did a little birthday partying tonight, and kicked it off by cluttering up Sarianne's home with plastic goodies from AIK's championship event, including these giant hands. 

Next, we had a delicious dinner of fish soup and Julia spent an hour plotting our demise.


She cheered up when the Funfetti cake came out, though.  Thanks, Mom.  You saved us from certain doom.

Then:  PRESENTS!  You guys.  I got a hot dog shirt.  I also got a cupcake shirt, but I think this one really speaks to who I am as a human being.  See, I've been here less than four months and these folks already understand my fully.  So the bottom line is, I am such a fortunate woman (I wanted to say girl, but I suppose I'd be pushing it at 27 years old) to have wonderful people in my life on both sides of the Atlantic.  Thanks, everyone, for a fantastic birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment