Saturday, March 13, 2010

Consider Me Initiated

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Globen!  This arena, which apparently one can scale the side of and ride a mini-Globe to the top of, was the site of one of the best concerts of my life.  Indeed, not since Simon and Garfunkel's Old Friends tour have I enjoyed live music so much.  Because one can only purchase four tickets at a time - the event is that popular - the family was split up into groups so The Swede, Sarianne and her sister-in-law Liza, and I sat together and probably made those around us nuts with all of our clapping and woo-ing. 
Indeed, we were so obnoxious that all of the photos I took of actual performances turned out blurry because I was shaking a tail feather so hard.  I did manage to get this one of the intro, though, so you can see how good our seats were and get an idea of how colossal Globen is.
Afterwards, some of the gang went out to party it up at a gay club called Paradise where, for once, The Swede wasn't forced to fend off hundreds of dudes trying to get my number and Sarianne somehow still managed to get at least four free drinks.  The Swede's cousin Anne and a bunch of her friends from London flew in especially for the occasion and all contributed to an excellent night.

No comments:

Post a Comment