Thursday, December 16, 2010

All is Calm, All is Bright

I took a little walk down in central Sundbyberg tonight and came upon this tree stand in the town square.  Christmas music was playing and the snow was coming down and it was beautiful, but deserted except for the young salesman.  Now, usually I try to take photos of people as stealthily as possible so as not to creep anyone out too much with my blogging, but this time I failed hugely.  When he saw me standing there, camera in hand, he asked if he should move out of the frame.  I said no, so he turned around and skulked around the area while I took my shot.  Awkward.  I walked away feeling sorry that I had made him feel weird but even more sorry that he had to stand out there all alone in the cold.  Then, after a couple more minutes of walking, I realized how nice he had it because the stillness of the night was heaven and even I didn't want to go back inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment