Saturday, December 25, 2010

Söderköping Jul 2010

We returned from Christmas at the Segersten's several lazy hours ago and are using all of our energy to blog, of course, and to fight off the fever that everyone else had over the holiday that The Swede and I somehow managed to escape so far.  Despite the high temperatures in the house, we had a lovely julafton with Mama and Papa Swede, Sarianne, Magnus and their girls and cousin Annemor from London. 
 We managed to secure a tree on the afternoon of the 23rd, which stayed upright almost all the way through the festivities on the 24th.
 Julia set about to decorating in happier times, before the tree crushed her the next day. 
The Swede, Annemor and I dragged Julia and Elin into central Söderköping.  Have I mentioned that you never see a stroller in the winter in Sweden?  Everyone pulls their babies around in sleds.  How cute is that?
 Apparently Mother Nature got the memo that we would be coming because she decorated the trees for us.
And while we were in town, we met Santa, who had clearly been visiting every open business serving glögg.  Nothing says Christmas like a drunk Santa, am I right?  Even though we celebrate on the 24th in Sweden, today is the real thing so merry, merry Christmas, everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. My family loved the Glogg and chocolates! I think my family wants a bottle of Glogg each year from now out! I may be wiring you some money for a bottle during the holidays season.

    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete