Thursday, December 30, 2010

Two Thousand Ten

Wow, you guys, 2010 was seriously amazing.  Here are just some of the highlights.

In January we got a new car! Even though we could go anywhere anytime we wanted, we stayed in a lot because it was COLD.
In February I spent time with girlfriends from Swedish school.
And The Swede got stuck on a train in the middle of nowhere for 17 hours.
We celebrated Valentine's Day by ice fishing on the Mälaren.
In March The Swede just happened to be in Iceland when the volcano erupted and got stuck there for awhile too.
I was also introduced to the glorious Melodifestivalen and schlager changed my life.
And we celebrated Sarianne's 30th birthday.
In April my friends from school and I enjoyed the warming weather with a birthday picnic.
We took a cruise to Helsinki to celebrate The Swede's birthday.
And took a weekend trip to Falun.
On the last day of April I experienced my first Valborg.
In May I discovered the cherry blossoms in Kungsträdgården with friends from school.
And ate ice cream for breakfast.
Best of all, in May we left for America where we spent time with friends and family I hadn't seen in nearly a year.
In June we set out on a roadtrip across America.
And visited my family out west. 
Then, after we drove back east, we went to Niagara Falls and got engaged!!!
We spent as much time as we could with my Ohio family before heading back to Sweden.
Just after we returned, Crown Princess Victoria got married and all of Stockholm celebrated.
At the end of June I experienced my first midsommar out in the country on a beautiful day.
In July I spent a lot of time with Petra helping her out at work.
We spent the hottest day of the year at Gröna Lund with the Segersten's.
And camped on our living room floor to catch some of the cool night air.
In Auguest we drove to Norway and I kissed a moose.
We enjoyed a fabulous dinner with Mama Swede and Gunilla while Papa Swede was on his fishing trip.
And every day I fell more and more in love with this guy.
In September I became seriously legit and got my Swedish ID.
A bunch of girlfriends got together for a dinner/dance party.
And I went mushroom picking for the first time.
Plus, our friend Linda got married!
In October we went to Leksand with Mama and Papa Swede and some family friends.
And we had a tailgate party at the office.
In November we celebrated my 28th birthday at a spa in Söderköping. 
And Becca visited!  With an American friend here to help me, we had an awesome Thanksgiving.
In December we flew to London for a long weekend with The Swede's cousin Annemor.
And just last week we celebrated Christmas in Söderköping with the whole Swedish family.
I knew 2010 was sweet, but reviewing the year has reminded me just how sweet it really was.  But you know what?  I have a feeling 2011 is going to totally cream 2010.  Lots of love until then!  And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! And what a wonderful year! I can't wait to see what you'll be up to next year.

    ReplyDelete