Thursday, April 21, 2011

Something Wicked This Way Comes

It's Skärtorsdagen and the witches are out and about in our neighborhood.  I decorated a bush in our front yard with blue and yellow feathers and we bought a ton of candy in anticipation of all the kiddos we expected to ring our doorbell.  I couldn't wait for that, though, and ran out to meet them when I saw a group approaching.  They gave me drawings of chicks and bunnies and Easter eggs and I gave them baggies of candy tied up with ribbon and I got to meet their moms, our new neighbors.  It's all significantly less solemn than the Maundy Thursday I became accustomed to back at church in Cleveland, but they don't trick-or-treat here and kids need their candy, right?  Speaking of which, The Swede and I are earnestly observing the adult Halloween tradition of hoping that few enough kids show up to leave some candy for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment