Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Wedding Ring Saga

I had a fellow choir and theatre dork in college who has since become an incredibly talented photographer.  I love browsing the wedding and engagement photos on her website and am always especially impressed with the creative shots she does of the couples' rings, sometimes balanced precariously between the brides shoes or mingling with some other tiny detail of the wedding or sitting in a beautiful bloom.  Well, this is the ghetto version a la Damara.  I snapped about a dozen of these shots and this is the best and the rings are still a little fuzzy.  Obviously I'm no pro, but you get the idea right?  Okay, now that we've established why I've posted a picture of a couple of rings straight chilling on an orchid, let me tell you about them.  When we got engaged, The Swede and I searched high and low for the right ring and found my sweet little ring at a private jeweler in Cleveland.  Or rather, it found me.  I saw it in the glass case and it winked and ask to share its life with me.  It was exactly what I wanted, even though I'd never seen anything quite like it: understated, gold, low-profile so it wouldn't get caught on stuff, and with secure settings for the stones because I worry about things like that.  Finding a wedding ring to go with it proved to be a bit of a challenge, though.  I didn't want anything that would overwhelm the engagement ring and I couldn't find a simple gold band that matched.  When we actually got married, we just exchanged the rings we already had and I wouldn't have minded never having a second ring.  But then I hit Etsy.com and found this artist who seemed to have made the perfect complement.  I placed an order, got it in the mail a few weeks later and I was right, it was perfect.  It's smaller than my engagement ring and sits right up against it like they were made for each other.  And now we're a sweet little trio.

No comments:

Post a Comment