Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Due Date

We have waited for this day for so, so long but with just four hours left of July 14th I'm thinking it's not going to happen today.  Every day this week The Swede has walked in the door after work and looked at me with such disappointment, as though I might have gone ahead and had the baby while he was on the job and forgot to call him.  I'm getting a bit impatient too, I must admit, but I actually feel really good and I want little Baby Swede to take as much time as he or she needs.  The waiting is only a problem for me for the three small reasons that follow: 3) I'm starting to get pretty bored and the house and yard are super clean, 2) it's awfully hard to sleep when you go to bed hoping to wake up in labor and it's impossible to get comfortable, and 1) being this close to meeting our fully-cooked, ready-to-cuddle baby with no idea when we'll actually be introduced is torturous.  Maybe tomorrow, though, right? 

2 comments:

  1. Come on Baby Swede!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let´s hope tomorrow..that´s the day Julia picks on your babyshower

    ReplyDelete