Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Perfectly Lazy Day

We were in real vacation mode today, my husband and I.  The Swede woke up at 7:00 am and headed out to the golf course with a couple of his buddies while I luxuriated in bed for a couple, okay, make that a few more hours with the air conditioner a'blowin'.  I stayed in my jammies and caught up on my Facebooking for a good long while after that and took my time getting showered and putting my face on and whatnot so that I was barely ready when The Swede came home in the early afternoon and suggested we head over to the fishing cabin and take a dip in the lake.  I was all over it, wanting desperately both a break from the heat and the sensation of being weightless and it was just as nice as I had hoped.  We spent the rest of the afternoon in the sun, The Swede helping his folks cut down some overgrown branches and me dozing on a towel while my swimming suit dried out, and finished the day with a pizza dinner picked up from a nearby restaurant.  And now we're sprawled out on the couch, totally worn out from too much time in the sun and with no plans for tomorrow except to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment