Wednesday, July 13, 2011

This Week, Two Years Ago

Two years ago today I stepped off a plane at Arlanda and became a resident of Sweden.  In honor of my Swediversary, I'm posting some pictures from my first week living here. 
On my first full day here, The Swede took me to my first football match at Råsunda, the national stadium, to see AIK cream Göteborg.  This was the beginning of an upswing in the season that ended with a legendary final match against the same team.
I was introduced to Swedish pizza and the fact that everyone gets their own.  There's no splitsky when the crust is that thin.  I was simultaniously introduced to the Swedes' love affair with béarnaise sauce , which is apparently good on anything. 
The whole family pitched in to introduce me to my new home.  Sarianne and I took the train into Stockholm and wandered around the city while she tried to teach me how to pronounce the word "sju".  Still not sure if I'm getting it.
Our friends Jesper and Isa from Göteborg were also exploring Stockholm on their vacation that week so the four of us checked out the animals, history and Stockholm skyline at Skansen.
Captain Swede took me out on the great Lake Mälaren with Papa Swede's boat.  I distinctly remember sitting on that boat and wondering how my life could possibly be this glamorous and exciting.  And nothing has changed in two years.  I'm still in awe of the sheer awesomeness of my life.

3 comments:

  1. So are we !! Now go have that Baby... Girl!
    Love, Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally loved the past two years! Your a sweet joy for the Andersson family! /Sis hihi

    ReplyDelete