Monday, January 14, 2013

Beware The Salad

Okay. So, I come from probably one of the most dramatic newsiest countries in the world and now I live in probably one of the most dramatic news free countries in the world so I get that it's all about perspective. News stories about clouds that look like horses are plain ridiculous, yes, but the thing that really gets me is the sensationalism over here. Every run-of-the-mill snowstorm is reported as "snow chaos" or a "snow cannon" and, like, this is Sweden. You can't scare us with snow, papers. I was faced with one of the craziest cases of headline sensationalism yet today, though, when I read the following at the grocery store: "Anette, 38: I got a BRAIN BLEED FROM A LUNCH SALAD." Brain bleeds aren't funny, obviously, but I LOL'd big time. 'Cause come on now, really? REALLY?

No comments:

Post a Comment