Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Damara's Kitchen

I am a terrible cook. It's true and I'm not exaggerating. I can make a pretty good spaghetti with meat sauce but it's super easy and it's my husband's recipe. I'll also admit I'm a friggin' master at the panini press so it's not like I'm being humble or anything. I want to be better, but I'm far too lazy to put the time and work into learning. So when The Swede tipped me off about an iPhone app that offered randomly-selected fifteen-minute recipes, I was all over it. As long as the recipes required few ingredients, that is, which the lobster pasta I made tonight did. And you guys, it was really good. Possibly the best thing I've ever made. So today this is a cooking blog and I'm sharing the recipe with you, translated from Swedish, so bear with me. 

Lobster Pasta
4 Portions

1 3/4 cups cream (15% fat)
300 grams rigatoni (or any other pasta, really)
250 grams sugar snap peas
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons lobster bullion (if it exists here it MUST exist everywhere, right?)
2 pressed garlic cloves
200-300 grams peeled shrimp
the juice of half a lemon
ground black pepper to taste
  • Cook the pasta according to package directions. Sauté peas.
  • Whisk the flour into 1/2 cup of cream in a saucepan. Add the rest of the cream, the bullion and the garlic. Bring to a boil then let simmer 3-5 minutes.
  • Add the shrimp and let them warm up. Add the lemon juice and pepper.
  • Mix the sauce with the pasta and peas.
  • Enjoy, with a glass of Chablis if you're livening up hump day like we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment