Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I'd Have Been Glowing Too

Ladies and gentlemen, Linda has made it. She surprised her husband and kids yesterday with the brand new Kia Cee'd that she researched, test drove, and purchased all by herself. And I am in awe. The car is fabulous to be sure, but the really impressive thing, to me, is that she did all of that on her own. While she drove us to the mall on the new car's premier lunch break I realized that the reason I was so dazzled by the whole thing was that, despite all of the other grown-up things I've done in the past decade, I have never chosen or bought my own vehicle. (Please know that I realize that this makes me incredibly privileged.) It seems like a huge decision, one that I doubt I am bold enough to make on my own. And for that reason, today at least, Linda is my biggest idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment