Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sardines

Insanity.  Total insanity.  That's really the only way to describe the situation at Ullared yesterday.  This is a discount store that is, I would say, at least five times bigger than any Super Wal-Mart you've ever seen and it was packed to the gills with first-weekend-after-payday shoppers.  Mama Swede, Sarianne and I, along with a couple of family friends, hopped on a bus at midnight on Friday and took the six hour trip to go shopping all day.  It was like all of the Target trips I've missed out on in the last sixteen months rolled into one.  And then, at the end, there was an hours-long queue to check out that stretched back into the shampoo aisle, my arch-nemesis, where I anxiously wondered if I had made the right selection the entire time.  I sure hope so because I'm not going to be able to go back any time soon - I'm going to need a long, long time to recuperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment