Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chick Magnet

We took off for the medieval festival in Söderköping rather early yesterday morning.  I knew that we had planned to pick Elin up after school and that we were meeting the rest of the family and friends when they arrived on the train later that afternoon, but even so we left home much earlier than necessary in my opinion.  And here's why: my man, The Swede, World's Best Husband, had secretly booked a facial for me at a swank salon in Söderköping.  It was magical.  So I luxuriated under masks while a professional literally massaged my eyelashes and contemplated how lucky I am for a whole hour.  Afterwards I stumbled, drunk off of relaxation, back onto the street where The Swede and Sarianne were waiting for me.  We walked to Elin's school where we brought Jamie up to her classroom to show off to her friends, one of which had never seen a real life baby before.  It was surely just the first of many times that Jamie will be surrounded by chicks in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment