Friday, September 30, 2011

The Loser Cruiser

The Stockholm-area transportation bureau has this great rule that if you're pushing a stroller you get to ride the bus for free.  This is because when you get your ticket stamped or scan your pass you do so at the front of the bus, but if you have a stroller you have to enter the bus from the back door so the free ride keeps you from having to leave your baby at the back while you get your ticket stamped at the front.  I've taken advantage of this a few times since it's either a forty-five minute walk or a bus ride to the train station, but I decided today that I'm going to try to do it more often in the future once I realized that train ticket prices increased this month.  Not by much, but still.  So no matter how long it takes me to get where I'm going, when I'm traveling with Jamie it will be by bus.  I'm on maternity leave, after all; my time is cheap.  Oh, and now that it's autumn, stinky bus season is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment