Monday, April 23, 2012

The Mother Ship

Jamie and I woke up early this morning and headed to the far side of Stockholm to visit the U.S. Embassy / World's Ugliest Building.  The security at the compound was hard core but we got to stand in a special line for American big shots instead of the long, long line for folks seeking visas.  Despite my V.I.P. status, I had to take off my shoes and jacket, surrender all of my electronics and send all of my belongings, my baby, and my person through a metal detector.  After that, though, it was smooth sailing.  I had to turn in some paperwork to get a Social Security card in my new name so that we can then apply for Jamie's dual citizenship and it went incredibly fast.  And, you know, everyone was SUPER friendly and chatty.  Prison aura aside, it was totally my kind of place.


No comments:

Post a Comment