Wednesday, January 15, 2014

All You Need Is Love

Last night a string of row houses, much like ours, burned to the ground in our town. Nobody was hurt, THANK GOD, but eight families lost their homes. Sarianne sent us a screen-shot from her Facebook page this afternoon where someone has posted a request for donations of clothes, toys, and baby items so as soon as The Swede and I got home from work we cleaned out all of the closets and toy boxes and packed the car to the brim. The air was still thick with smoke as I  approached the affected neighborhood and I took the smell home with me on my hair. I also took home a very warm heart, as this was the scene that greeted me at the community center where they were collecting donations. This was just the entrance; there was much more deeper into the connecting rooms, and I was forced to sling our bags on top of a high pile. And I loved where we live and I loved my neighbors, even the ones I've never met.

No comments:

Post a Comment