Thursday, January 16, 2014

In Print

There was a glitch in the postal system here a few weeks back that caused a Christmas package sent by my grandparents to arrive after the holidays, but that's fine by me as I'm always happy to open a package, holiday or not. I was especially excited when I saw what was inside: an attractively-framed print of Jambo's first and second names made with the vintage printing press housed at the Bedford Historical Society where my grandma has worked and volunteered for several years. It is really one of a kind and if you look closely you can see the very slight imperfections of the printing method that make this so much more special than anything you could create on a computer. It is a keepsake that we will treasure, particularly because it was made in a place that has been significant to my extended family for as long as I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment